Coins at auction this month:
King John cut halfpennies, Julia Domna denarius, Gorgon/helmet AE, Gordian III denarius, Various George
& Victoria Crowns, Owl drachm, and more. Click the button to visit.
Why collect coins
(they're just lumps of old metal, aren't they)?
Coin collecting is a tangible way to get in contact with the past. It is a direct link to the politics, royal lines, propaganda and
religions of the day in a small affordable package!
- If you like history and art, you don't need to spend thousands on antiques or hundreds on artwork, you can spend just £40 and hold a
special small piece of enduring history in your hand!
- Coins are a snapshot of the aspirations, triumphs and boasts of past rulers, just like a modern day selfie!
- The art work is beautiful and can rival the sculptures and paintings of the masters in
- As an investment you can collect precious metals in a very aesthetically pleasing
- If you like Geography too, you can hop around the globe and collect more modern day coinage from the
majority of countries in the world.
- They don't take up much space and they don't have to be very messy, unless you like metal detecting
- Coin collecting is a fascinating hobby that can lead to many others.
- WANT TO LEARN MORE - BUY OUR SPECIALLY WRITTEN BEGINNER'S BOOK. Visit the study page.
Portfolios or Personal Collections
Portfolios can be produced for investment or as a present e.g. new
grandchild. Like shares, it must be noted, that the value of coins can go down as well as up - but unlike shares they are much nicer to look at and can be appreciated for years to come! Please ask
for advice and to discuss a theme or the preferred coin era.
To enable us to let you know when exciting stock is available, do inform us of your e-mail address via the form below and we will add you to the
Newsletter list. If you have a message or wish to make an offer for any item(s), please use the 'Contact' page.